The story behind Chyawanprash indeed revolves around the sage Chyawan and his quest for a rejuvenating tonic. To break down the word "Chyawanprash,” it comprises two parts: "Chyawan," the name of the sage, and "prash," meaning to prepare something. History says that Sage Chyawan, in his old age, sought a solution to restore his youthfulness.
As per historical accounts, the origin of Chyawanprash is documented in the ancient Ayurvedic text known as the Charaka Samhita, believed to have been written around 100 AD. In this narrative, Sage Chyawan instructed his disciple to create a herbal formulation that could bring back his youth. The result of this attempt is the time-tested Chyawanprash, a renowned rejuvenated tonic in Ayurveda.
Many of few must be knowing that chyawanprash (like a thick jam) is considered as an “anupana”, acting as a carrier for a mix of powerful herbs and spices. This combination is carefully put together to make it easy for the body to use. The goal is to help people with rejuvenation and strengthen the immune system. It's like a tasty blend designed to work well and benefit our overall health.
KEY COMPONENTS AND BENEFITS:
This metabolic tonic, Chyawanprash, has Amla (Indian Gooseberry) as its main component. Amla is a rich source of vitamin C and is widely regarded as one of the best rejuvenators. Additionally, Chyawanprash contains various Ayurvedic herbs, each with distinct health benefits, contributing to its overall effectiveness.
BENEFITS OF HERBS INCORPORATED IN CHYAWANPRASH:
Chyawanprash is a traditional Ayurvedic herbal formulation that is known for its health-promoting properties. It is a mixture of various herbs, spices, and other natural ingredients. Here is information about some of the key herbs incorporated in Chyawanprash and their respective benefits:
- AMLA (INDIAN GOOSEBEERY): Amla is known for its availability of rich natural source of Vitamin C and antioxidants. It is known for its rejuvenating properties, helps boost the immune system, supports digestion, and is beneficial for the skin and hair. Amla is a powerful adaptogen that helps the body cope with stress.
- CANE JAGGERY: Cane jaggery is a natural sweetener used in Chyawanprash. Jaggery is a healthier alternative to refined sugar, and it also helps in balancing the doshas in Ayurveda.
- A2 COW GHEE: A2 cow ghee is rich in saturated fats and is a source of good fats. It is believed to enhance the absorption of nutrients, support digestion, and is considered nourishing for the body and mind. Ghee possesses the ability to reduce Pitta and Vata doshas.
HIMALAYAN FOREST HONEY: Himalayan Forest honey is single origin & is a superfood with potential health benefits. It contains antioxidants, enzymes, and other bioactive compounds. Honey has antimicrobial properties and is used to support respiratory health.
- GILLOY (GUDUCHI): Giloy is an immunomodulator and is known for its ability to enhance the immune system. It is used to treat some common issues including fever, infections, diarrhea, and diabetes. Giloy is also used for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- MUNAKKA: Munakka comes under the family of raisin, and is a good source of energy. Munakka used as a dry fruit for medicinal purpose in Ayurveda for its rejuvenating properties and support respiratory health.
- JIVANTI: Jivanti is an herb used in Ayurveda for its rejuvenating properties. It is believed to support overall vitality, strength, and immunity. Jivanti is considered beneficial for respiratory health.
- PUNARNAVA: Punarnava is known for its diuretic properties and is used in Ayurveda to support kidney function and maintain fluid balance in the body. It is also considered beneficial for liver health.
Chyawanprash, with its combination of these and other ingredients such as Arlu, Arni, Gambari, Patala, Mudgaparni, Gokhru, Mahameda, Kamal vidarkhand, and more, is traditionally used to promote overall well-being, boost immunity, support digestion, and enhance vitality.
MAKING OF CHYAWANPRASH AT GOD CHOICE ORGANIC FARMS:
Chyawanprash is a metabolic tonic that is beloved by people of all age groups for its health benefits, and it has a fascinating story behind its origin.
Over time, the essence and recipe of chyawanprash have undergone significant changes by various market brands. Unfortunately, many of these brands have incorporated harmful chemicals, preservatives, fillers, and excessive sugar to enhance the taste of chyawanprash. While these additives may improve the flavor, they compromise the health benefits of this traditional Ayurvedic tonic.
At God Choice, we strictly follow the Vedic recipe for making chyawanprash, ensuring the preservation of its original essence. Our commitment lies in using only native varieties of amlas and incorporating 37 Ayurvedic herbs to maintain its authenticity and potency. To further enhance the health benefits, we include A2 desi cow ghee and Himalayan Forest honey of our own brand in the production process.
Dosage Recommendation: This tonic is suitable for individuals aged 3 and above, and the recommended dosage is 1-2 tablespoons in the morning and evening, preferably taken with warm milk.
By prioritizing the use of natural and wholesome ingredients, we aim to offer a chyawanprash that not only preserves its traditional roots but also provides maximum health benefits without compromising on quality.
In addition to this Ayurvedic tonic “Chyawanprash”, God Choice Organic Farms offers an array of products that are minimally processed in small batches. Explore our diverse range by visiting our official website www.godchoice.in
At God Choice, we believe in empowering our customers with knowledge. Learn about the benefits of choosing not just organic, but something beyond – “minimally processed products”. These products represent the best choice for a healthier you. Discover how these conscious choices can positively impact your overall well-being.